These days, Job has become an important part of life, or if I rightly say, it has become LIFE for most of us. The right job strategy plays an important role in shaping one’s career. The job market is undoubtedly crowded at present. But, with the right job strategy, one can capture the eye of the recruiter. The few important things that would help you stand out from the crowd and show the Recruiter/Hiring Manager that you are the perfect candidate for that particular job. In this article, I am going to share some job search tips and strategies for 2021.
I’ve been working in the Human Resource (HR) Industry for almost 4 years now. So, I have enough expertise in this subject to guide others. My experience has helped me to understand the mindset of recruiters as well as the hiring managers reasonably well. I know how the candidates are shortlisted based on questions like- who would be shortlisted? Who would get rejected? Who all would get interviewed? And finally which lucky one would get the job?
Gone are the days, when job hunting game was about applying for jobs and expecting to get called for an interview. In the world of “Be on top or get lost” a handful of lucky lots are simply able to put in an application, appear for an interview and land a job in today’s competitive job market. The modern successful job seekers apply ample of strategies, from establishing a social presence to targeting the dream companies.
There are several points which the recruiters/employers generally consider before interviewing a candidate:
- 1 There are several points which the recruiters/employers generally consider before interviewing a candidate:
- 1.1 Watch our Youtube video:- 6 Most Unique Career Options in India in 2021
- 1.2 List down everything you want in your dream job. This could include the following:
- 1.3 Also, a few other pointers-
- The Resume – a resume reflects the whole summary of a person’s experience and academics. The chances of getting interviewed increase if your resume is good enough.
- The Skill Set – the skills of a person say a lot about them. An employer would certainly reject the candidature if they find someone less skilled.
- Communication Skills – when it comes to a telephone / written round of interview, candidates are generally judged by their written and oral communication skills. One should have a good command of the language.
- Personality – as far as the Face to Face interview is concerned, a person is judged by his/her personality (how the individual carries). A well-groomed person is always preferred in the interview as it showcases a professional attitude.
Before searching for a job, ask yourself a few simple questions, “Which is my dream job?” If I have a choice to do anything, what would it be and why?”
Watch our Youtube video:- 6 Most Unique Career Options in India in 2021
List down everything you want in your dream job. This could include the following:
- Team Size
- Company’s Environment
- Benefits provided
While you focus on these points, don’t forget to spread your resume across various platforms.
Also, a few other pointers-
- Keep an eye on your dream company
- Send your resume to recruitment agencies and do regular follow-ups.
- Apply directly to the company’s website
- Make sure that the companies can find you. Build your online presence.
- Use personal references (EMPLOYEE REFERRAL is a trend which many companies are following these days)
- Use social media and look for opportunities
The Internet should not be the only means of searching for jobs.
Communicating with people, networking, asking several questions, being able to quickly and easily describe yourself (your areas of interests, skills, expertise) and what kind of a job you’re looking for maybe your best job search methods.
Take advantage of company events and other opportunities to meet and discover potential employers.
While sending resume to different companies/recruitment agencies, keep in mind that you should never share a generic resume/cover letter for any of the jobs.
Compare your resume with the Job Description and ask yourself a few questions:
- Does this resume look like a “perfect fit”?
- Is it lacking somewhere?
- How can it be improved?
- Would you consider this resume if you were an employer?
Glassdoor and Linkedin are the platforms where one can check the company’s portfolio and credibility. One should check the ratings and reviews on these platforms before going for an interview.
These strategies would certainly help you to land on to a perfect job. Hope I was able to mention enough Job search tips and strategies for 2021. All the best!!
Featured Image Courtesy: thedrum.com